|Voice Actor (jp)||Yuki Yamada|
Shiena Kenmochi (剣持 しえな; Kenmochi Shiena) is one of the main characters of the manga and anime series Akuma no Riddle. She is a former student at Myojo Academy, of the school's 10th year's Black Class who was in a competition with the other students of that class who were trying to kill Haru Ichinose, where the reward is anything what that assassin may want. She wanted her reward to be decided by the members of a group she is in, called Collective Dismissal.
However, she was transferred out of the school because when she was about to submit her assassination warning letter, she was poisoned by Hitsugi Kirigaya and fell unconscious thus her assassination attempt was counted as a fail. Haru Ichinose finds the note beside her unconscious body but it was invalid since she had to be hospitalized later and had no choice but to be removed from the competition.
In the final episode, she is seen at a manga internet cafe. She is hacking into Myojo Academy's network in an effort to expose their secrets.
She would have been the 4th person to attempt to kill Haru but was poisoned by Hitsugi before she could send out her warning letter, making her the 4th student to be expelled from the Black Class.
Shiena seems to have a normal personality compared to the rest of the members of Class Black. Although she is somewhat scatterbrained and forgetful, she is also strict at times, as shown when directing the play in Episode 5.
She says she will do anything to protect the place she belongs to.
She wears a brown skirt, a beige and brown blazer and white collar shirt with a black plain tie. She also has red square framed glasses and has light brown hair which she keeps in two braided pigtails.
Skills and Abilities
Shiena is skilled at analysis , as seen when she is able to gather information about Hitsugi and Chitaru by simply watching them during rehearsals for the class play. She is also a skilled hacker as seen in the final episode where she successfully hacks into Myojo Academy's system.
When she was younger she got bullied a lot. She had one friend whom she talked to on the phone called Yukarin, but one day Yukarin asked if Shiena wanted revenge on the people who bullied her. Yukarin told Shiena about the group called Collective Dismissal and that they will give her her 'vengeance'. Shiena asks what they want for in exchange and Yukarin tells her that Shiena also has to avenge someone else and Shiena accepts.
- Her name Shiena (しえな) is written in hiragana, but can be written as "詩絵菜" meaning "poetry" (詩), "picture" (絵) and "vegetables" (菜).
- Her last name Kenmochi (剣持) means "have swordsmanship".
- She seems to have an interest in drama.
- She is the only assassin to fail an attempted assassination without even starting it.
- Of all 13 Black CLass students of the Akuma no Riddle-cast she is the one with the least appearances (in both, manga and anime) thus making her role only having a small part and low importance in the overall story despite being a main character.
- A thistle flower was placed on her desk after her expulsion. In the Japanese language of flowers, thistles are symbolic of revenge.
- She was the only assassin to not have her own ending theme after the episode of her departure.