|Status||Alive (currently hospitalized)|
|Voice Actor (jp)||Sachika Misawa|
Chitaru Namatame (生田目 千足 Namatame Chitaru) is one of the main characters of the manga and anime series Akuma no Riddle. She is a former student of Myojo Academy's Black Class who was in a competition with the other students of that class who were trying to kill Haru Ichinose. The reward being anything that assassin may want. She and Hitsugi Kirigaya were thought to have died during the Romeo & Juliet play but it is later shown that she is still alive, yet still in the hospital to recover from her near death experience.
The reason she came to Myojo Academy is because she was chasing an assassin known as Angel's Trumpet, whom killed her former teacher's daughter.
In the final episode, Chitaru is bedridden due to drinking the poison, but Hitsugi tells Chitaru that she can start rehab soon. Chitaru hasn't fully forgiven Hitsugi as she says she's incapable of saying those types of words.
Chitaru has short red hair and red eyes.
She wears a black coat with yellow outer lining with a white collar shirt, which makes her look like a prince and even older than a high school student.
Chitaru seems like a very caring person who would do anything to get revenge for the people she cares or cared for, as seen when she would risk her own life to transfer into Black Class in order to look for an assassin who may have killed her former teacher's daughter.
The only thing known about Chitaru's past is that she met her teacher's daughter sometimes long ago, but she was eventually killed by Angel's Trumpet.
Chitaru attempts to assassinate Haru Ichinose during the play, thinking that Haru is Angel's Trumpet, but Chitaru never sends a notice since she is not doing this as part of the Black Class competition. She, along with Hitsugi Kirigaya, become the fifth student(s) to be expelled from Black Class after their apparent suicide.
Skills and Abilities
- The name Chitaru means "thousand" (千) (chi) and "leg" (足) (taru).
- Chitaru's surname Namatame means "life, living" (生) (nama), "field, rice paddy" (田) (ta) and "eye" (目) (me).
- Chitaru strongly resembles a male prince.
- Chitaru had feelings for Hitsugi Kirigaya.
- Although she and Hitsugi are quite close and even fell in love with each other, Chitaru did keep referring to the latter as 'Kirigaya' throughout the entire series.
- After Chitaru is expelled, red roses are placed on her desk, which symbolize Love.